Thursday 16 August 2007

And the Tyger roars poetic!

Abused
He called me
Then he hit me
The house is empty
And it’s just him and I
He grabbed me
Then he kissed me
The fear filled my heart,
Cos I’m only 8

He boxed me
Then he crushed me
I lash out and howl
Cos I’m in pain
He pulls my ear
Then says it’s my fault
That he’s doing this
But I’m only 8

He pushes me,
Then he kicks me
He won’t let me be
Leaves me shaky with fear
He slaps me
Then puts his hand up my blouse,
Fingers up my skirt
Yet I’m only 8

He smacks me,
Then shouts at me
Says I’m a she devil
Who will end up in hell
He’s abusing me
And molesting me
He’s my uncle
And I’m only 8



My Childhood and Yours
My childhood is over and so is yours
The innocent times have ended and we have closed the doors
You can’t play in the rain lest we fall in the drains
and show off ourselves as adults without brains
My childhood is over and so is yours,
Your easy days are gone and carefree has closed the shutters
We can’t seat in sand and mold Royal lands
lest we stain our gabs of expensive yarns
My childhood is over and so is yours,
Our happy days are contrived and love’s skylight’s ajar
We can’t stretch our hands and get needs on demand
From our best friends and those we inadvertently command
My childhood is over and so is yours

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is deep!!! Uncles like that should never see the light of day ever again...

Bunmmy said...

growing up is hard especially with perverts like 'uncles' who abuse children spoiling their innocent minds.....sometimes ruining their future...i know this too well, its a hard thing to sweep under the carpet of memories

Tyger said...

@jeddax
unfortunately these uncles roam around in broad day light ... sadly

@hopefully b
you do understand!

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

just recently i warned a certain fellow to stay the hell away from my two-year old daughter. he hadn't done anything wrong (at least none that i'm aware of) but i just had this uneasiness whenever i saw him playing with her, and i was unwilling to shrug it off. maybe i watch too many movies, and read too many stuff (like this), but i'm glad i've placed him at arms length. great work!

Tyger said...

@isi
good thing you listen to your instinct.... you dont need evidence to ask anyone to stay away from your kid... if it leaves you feeling funny it is enough evidence....

NikkiSab said...

Tyger this poem is a terribly harsh reality that occurs. Its painful that one of the people dat shd be protecting and loving u is ONE of the painful memories that u wish ur memory never recalls. I wish parents would keep these relations away from kids.

UnNaked Soul said...

deeply deep...

bArOquE said...

i left a comment here but cant find it...abi i been dey dream...a lot of that shit is going down...love the way you expressed it

@isi. that was a tough one...if your instincts always lead you right...then follow it

Tyger said...

@nikkisab

totally agree with you

@baroque

thanks...

however if you left a comment it should be there o... haba....

Dear all... whoever ate Baroque's comment should please vomit it

bArOquE said...

we go do deliverance for that person...LOOSE!!!

Tyger said...

@baroque
fake pastor!
loose your self first!

flawsandall said...

woah...
it is well with you

Tyger said...

@zephi
thanks