Friday 18 July 2008

Older woman, younger man part 2

If you are getting confused... the previous post starts part 1
"Hello, I'm Fatima" one of the girls, the dark one... cant guess her nationality

"Jack… " definitely British... up north maybe

"Lillian…" the other girl... American

"Can I seat with you guys?"

"Yeah sure…"
"Sure…"
"Yeah… "
They chorused… brief smiles…faltering…

I can almost read their minds… "Why is she sitting with us…. We are new, trainees… she is what? An executive? principal advisor?..."

"So how are you guys finding it here, settling in well?"

He shrugged

I smiled… cat got his tongue now…

"calm down" I say with my eyes, "this is only conversation"

"Its okay"… Lillian smiled charmingly, but with steel in her eyes.

Ah ah! Know thy enemy… you hey?... I smiled back at her and said "Don’t worry it only gets better…"

"So what are you guys working on exactly… same projects?" I asked intentionally turning to Fatima.

"Well I'm working with Phillip on the cost effectiveness analysis of some drugs for a pharma in London" she replied.

"Phillip Donja in Health Economics?"

"Yeah and it's really fascinating and all"

I let her drone on for a minute.
"And you guys?"

"Doing a costing evaluation for the NHS" he said.

"Drugs or treatments?"

"Treatments, cancer"

"You too?" I turned to Lilian

"I'm working with Anita on the cost effectiveness of introducing some drugs in Africa"

"Ah! The Americans and their plan to save the whole world" I smirked … Anita… unfortunately…is also the office queen bee and bitch rolled into one.

"Well actually…

I cut her short… "that reminds me…. I do have a load of stuff that might help you with your costing evaluation and you are going to need a STATA software, do you have that?" I asked Jack.

"No, I don’t" he shook his head

"Okay drop by my office, later today or something"

"Okay guys, gotta rush now…" I got up briskly and dropped my coffee cup in the trash in one fluid motion…. "Of course, if you guys need anything, you wanna talk, you need answers to something… or more work" I added drily, I'm in room 4114" I paused then added "anytime" and strode off.

"I don’t like her" I heard Lillian whisper, her American accent givĂ®ng her away without my having to look.

'Tut tut I can hear you'… I smile to myself 'and you don’t count!'

11 comments:

Afrobabe said...

lol...action.....more more more...

I want morrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee.....the anticipation is almost more than the act itself....

bArOquE said...

Jack common report to the office sharply...i'm loving this...it just never happened to me, what a life!...LOL@ 'know thy enemy' & "...& you dont count'...abeg Part III...God bless you

Tyger said...

@afrobabe
lol... part III coming up

@baroque
this one you dey bless me because of tory na wa o...
never happened to you?... maybe you are not cute... or maybe you are the one happens to others...lol

Adekunle Shobowale said...

Haba! Is this Naija home Video? What's up with the Part 1,2,3,4,8,9.

This suspense is too much joo.

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

lol. aww gosh!!! this sounds good, now i cant wait i need to put u on my blogroll so i can stalk u well.

come on tygress tell us wat u made of.

Rita said...

Tyger Tyger... Your suspense is amazing. Please when is part 3 coming up?

Please get your books published soon...

Mojisola said...

still waiting for part three. . .

Tyger said...

@adekunle
calm down.. here comes part 3

@lighty
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@rita and mojisola
i hereby obey... part 3 out now!

Buttercup said...

Im lovin this!

Flourishing Florida said...

damn! she's a tiger! nah, she's a cheeta - cheetas r smoother. wow. am loving this

Tyger said...

@fff

you aint seen a tiger in action thats why you say cheetah... definitely a tiger...