Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 -a review of the golden year

This year will be ending in 8hrs 30mins (GMT)and I am deeply conscious of how good a year it has been.

Honestly God has been faithful

Yes I can't deny there are still things I want and need and I am not talking about the WII game board here... even though i do want that

Things like a dream job....

Things like a production contract with a Fashion House

Things like Baroque on a platter...

Things like my own place....

The list is endless and they are all important

Nevertheless this year has been golden:

I have bagged an additional degree...

lived abroad in the European country I have always wanted to live in, where life is golden...yeah Switzerland

worked at my dream job...

travelled...

made new friends, kept old ones and lost nasty ones...

explored Madison Avenue and 5th Avenue indepth...

finished sketching a whole fashion collection for next year...

bought a superb sewing machine on which i intend to perform innovative magic

kept a large number of the resolutions I made in 2008! - yes I didnt stalk any boy and i stayed away from Faith and Manolo Blahnik and Designer sales...

So yes! 2008 has been a golden year

and with much expectation and joy I am looking forward to 2009 and I hope you are too...

And if you think you dont have just enough reasons to be excited and expectant, you are wrong cos if you look hard enough, you will find enough reasons to say

2008 has been a golden year and 2009, I cant wait to see you!

16 comments:

aloted said...

i agree...a lot of good stuff happened in 2008..and 2009 is going to be beyond our expectation in Jesus name.

happy new year dearie..

Yankeenaijababe said...

sounds like a fun year for you in 2008. ..hopefully 2009 brings out the best in you and all your wishes. Happy New Year 2009.

Tyger said...

@aloted and yankeenaijababe

thanks and happy new year to you too!
hope this year rocks for us in ways that are beyond our imagination

Writefreak said...

Happy new year darling!

2008 was a good year but the glory of 2009 will surpass that of 2008...welcome to a great year...much love

Afrobabe said...

mennnnnn we plenty wey want this baroque on a platter oh haba...make the young man no pas out...

happy new year babes...didn't know you still come here....

Tyger said...

@afrobabe
of course i come here

yeah baroque is in trouble.
dont worry i'll let you have his photocopy, and i'll hold on to the original

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

yes, 2008 was a good year and by His grace 2009 will be better.

Happy New Year, my sista!

Afrobabe said...

Na...Don't bother making a copy...I will use and send the rest to u...lol

Tyger said...

@afrobabe
and i will collect your left over?

*aggressive loud voice* this is a new year, biko dont vex me oh!

I said i will give you the photocopy!
simple!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

We all have so much to be thankful for. Seems like you had a g8 year. Can't wait to see your collection once your done with. May all your dreams for 2009 come true. I wish you the best:-)

Jaja said...

Haapy new year my sister...

Tyger said...

@nigeriandramaqueen

you will see it ... collection ready... going to production now

@jaja

brother brother how are you

Shubby Doo said...

wow...good for you girl...

happy new year...may 2009 be filled with endless blessings

bArOquE said...

make una see trouble oh...how the heavens did i get here to be passed from hand to hand, or is it mouth to mouth...do i look like some kinda cheap slot? LMAO...make una take am easy on me...

Tygerbabe, hope you have all you dreamed of, although you might need to act fast to fulfil some of them...time is fast running out...LOL

Tyger said...

@baroque
veiled warning noted!
you are not helping me though!

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Please update.