Friday 16 May 2008

The Camera man

I went to church today.. for a mid week service... first this year (dont even say anything) and it was good... but why am i here talking about this?

In my church and i think in a lot of churches, the sermon is usually filmed.

So someone was filming...and projecting it behind pastor... something i find quite distracting cos sometimes i watch out for myself - like... no show me o... no show me o abeg!... okay show me small!

Anyway, i was sitting there, the pastor came on... cameras were rolling and pastor trying to warm up the church said 'if you are with me, give me your most beautiful smile... so i kinda cocked my head to one side and decided to give my yahoozy grin instead... next thing the whole church was laughing... what's funny?... somebody tell me...
then i see i'm on the screen... i'm the reason they are laffing!
the mofo cameraman decided to project my 'yahoozee grin' on the screen!

to say i was embarrassed is quite an understatement! how can a whole church be laughing at my grin?... it is not funny business at all...

Then we settle down for the sermon that lasted exactly one hour (i almost died in fact) and somehow through it i saw flashes of my cardigan on the screen again...

so i tried to keep a straight face through the service...

Service ends and i rush for the door... guess what?
someone comes up to me and said 'you should buy today's sermon tape'
i said 'yeah yeah, it was a good one'
'you were on it so frequently, is the camera guy your friend or something?'
wha! wetin you talk? on it frequently ke?.. i saw flashes once or twice...

honestly you were

Okay... i replied... kinda lost now...

i make it to the door and then this lady smiles at me...
i smile back... 'you must have had fun today!' she said , 'you laffed so much'

'may 200 camels fart in the face of this camera man! which kind tory be this na!'

7 comments:

bArOquE said...

FIRST!!! hee hee...i know exactly what you mean, i was in a church recently were the service was filmed & shown right in front of us all, my 1st time there, the shirt i had on had two sharp colours, & i couldnt help noticing myself everytime i had the chance to...i was looking to see what i'd look like if i was in a movie (i didnt look bad sha)...it must have been very discomforting for you...then to have had people talk to you afterwards...anyway, you be fine girl, no sweat...am sure thats why the cameraman was trained on you...better the camera catch you smiling, than yawning...hope your hair was nicely done sha...damn cameraman...Tygy, smile Jesus loves you...xx

Tyger said...

@baroque
baroquy my blog love,
you tickle me!...
yeah my hair was fine
come to think of it i was in a burnt orange cardigan! that must be the reason for the attention.
how ya doing man?

Sagacité said...

heheheheheheheheheh!!!!
hilarious he? Hehehehehehe!!!!

aloted said...

lol..maybe the camera man likes you? ;)

so everyone knows u in church now..hehehe

anyway chick you have been tagged..pls check my blog for more details.

Tyger said...

@sagacite
you are laughing
what is amoosing you?

@aloted
now that's a new angle! is that a good thing?

will check my tag asap

ziariz said...

lol...
were you seriously being shown all the time..lol..that never as in ever happens to me...
i think its just beef or maybe my face no fine reach or whatever...lol
but its always a trip when i am caught on camera especially on a good face day..

Tyger said...

@ziariz

lol