Thursday 30 April 2009

The Pining of a City Nymph

I wish I could be free,
That I was utterly free of care,
Of the rules and conventions that hold me captive.
I feel like the walls are closing in.
My life with phenomenal velocity is running out on me.
Like sand in an hourglass

Untamed eagle I crave your liberty
Soaring through the sky, your life without barrier
Cerulean clouds and smoky stars my silent allies
With abandon, unbound totally free

I wish I could love recklessly like I long to,
Without thought or dread
Of the retributions of the society that laid down tenets
Incomprehension and vindictiveness the rule of law
A threat to my very presence and the ties that cause my mind form
But fear holds me in

Wild horses I want to be like you.
Running through the wide expanse of open space
Clouds of rock and umber sand my only companion
With abandon, unbound totally free

I see the girl I dream to be
Laughing, running, free, Mother Nature the only control
The winds and air partners in the conspiracy
Running to that magical point
Where the blue silvery sky meets the golden hues of the water's edge
On a warm sultry night

Beautiful seals, I long for your freedom
Gliding, in and out, your might in charge of the waves
The foaming breakers my favorite cohorts
With abandon, unbound totally free

I can taste the freedom on my tongue
I reach out for it at the detriment of my existence
Yet it eludes me like a chimera.
I wish I could throw caution to the winds
With eternal freedom running, flying soaring with sheer heedlessness
Just free……………………

3 comments:

Danny BaGucci said...

Nice... Guess we all long to be utterly free deep down in our hearts..... Funny I reread Richard Lovelace's To Althea from Prison a couple of days back and he seemed to express the other part of these emotions.... Nice once again.. I think its my first time here too....

Sagacité said...

what do you do when you absolutely want to 'do' something but the society and the 'world' you live in say it's wrong?

i guess i want to be free too!!!

i feel you

Shubby Doo said...

To be free is to be brave...to live without fear...I wish u free...as voltaire says 'man is free the moment he wishes to be'