Sunday 28 June 2009

and so.....

And so it was meant to be a duet in church today, but it turned out to be two solos...infact the first singer didnt even look at the other... it was as if she didnt know the other person was there! ... it was awful... we endured it though.... what else was there to do?

and so i started my new Job - Manager, Volunteer Recruitment and Training. I'm supposed to be settling in, but in the first two days, my assistant... please note... i said my assistant! so he makes a pass at me.... when i ignored him, he tried again... when i responded coldly, he got earnest...when i gave him more work, he said "punishing with all this work wont chase nothing, me know what i'm feeling" ..... what is there to do?

and so Michael Jackson died.... just like that.... vast wealth, king of pop, more fame than 95% of the world and the medics couldnt help him.... he didnt have the luck of dying in his sleep.... a cardiac arrest and no one to help his pain.... this life is tough business.... what is there to do?

and so i'm house hunting... i have seen every bedsit and studio this side of London... i have walked and rode buses and trains... spent my weekend peeking into loos, peering into bathrooms and sitting on beds in strange houses... all over London... Walthamstow Central, Seven sisters, tottenham hale, blackhorse road, leyton, leytonstone, stratford.... pshew! what else is there to do?

9 comments:

scribble,me.free said...

HEYY...i'm looking for a studio in the same area!! :)

aloted said...

happy house hunting...come look my area na.

sad n shocking abt mj...

congrats on the job. nawa for ur assistant..sue him for harassment..lol

Roc said...

The essence of choir practice can't be over-emphasised. The, even that can't help some people..

G'luck with the house hunting.. The coming olympics there might make it hard work. So, g'luck!

PS.. Cut a bruva some slack :) even if he is your assistant.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ yr assistant -- Perhaps dude is looking for some advantages over the rest of the crew....

But isn't that harassment in the work place? Used to know a dude who got fired over unsolicited advances in the past..

neuyogi said...

Shoo I dont blame the bobo oh, I would have hit on you too. Gd luck finding a place that's decent yet affordable.

Writefreak said...

Gosh, i hate when the choir doesnt sing well..like it happened here on sunday, the soloist was just screeching..i mean, not like i can really sing..but i'm not tune deaf..

lol at your assistant..na wa o...

and happy house hunting, hope you find one soon. it berra be nice, if you want me staying over when i come to london...lol

LusciousRon said...

Pele o! Good luck with everything. Be careful with siad assistant though.

Mojisola said...

lol @ your assistant, it could turn into true love you know.

Tyger said...

@scribble me free
i finally got something

@aloted
your area ke? you live in hicks ville!

now i know you will kill me!

@roc
aint cutting a brova a slack, this brova is a nuisance!

@bagucci
of course it is harrassment and i dont see why he would need any advantage in his silly job!

@mpb
you flatter me! silly girl! go ahead and hit on me, someone ma come at you with a cricket bat!

@writefreak

lol
what ever i get you will manage

@luscious

thanks love

@Moji
ah! oloun maje! i thought you were my person!