Monday 17 August 2009

this last week.....

One of my two jobs is working as a “Recruitment and Training Manager” for corporate volunteers and such and one thing this job has done is brought a lot of interesting people my way.

Last month, I interviewed a runway model, a paratrooper and a scuba diver…. Of course I get the mundane doctor, banker, accountant, policy/government office worker…. You know… but I do get the interesting ones at times….

However this last week… I got ONLY the annoying ones….
The one who could barely read and write but insisted on filling out a 5 page form on her own; and she started filling the form at 4.45pm in my office! I frigging want to go home, what is wrong with this illiterate?

The one who wanted to work with “asylum seekers, refugees, poor families and victims of domestic violence” but would prefer those who didn’t live in dodgy neighbourhoods, spoke good English, and were interested in eating out, and sitting in the park to discuss the state of the world – hello? Can I slap you please?

The one who is Nigerian… from the Rivers… spoke awful English and then claimed to be a graduate of English from the University of Ibadan… until I said really? And then she said actually the “port Harcourt school of education” affliated to the University of Ibadan… pshew! Ode! (meaning dumbass) she also proceeded to fill a form three times cos she kept spelling her name wrong and getting her date of birth wrong! Oh common! You are fake through and through!

Annoying yet amusing stuff!

Hey guys… I’m out searching for wedding vendors … either I get affordable ones or else I’m going to start working on an elopement plan!

Why would a photographer want me to pay N1million naira for wedding photographs? – am I asking you to re-create me?

Why would a decorator want N1.1million for decorating two halls – am I asking you to build a permanent structure? Pshew

Blogsville, holla back and prevent Tyger from putting into work an elopement plan oh

Oya Moji, Aloted, oluwadee, y’all know your selves married girls! I’m waiting…..

Loving y’all

11 comments:

LusciousRon said...

Call Oluwadee o! I hope she can still get around sha. She is preggers!

You get one of those pshycos once in a while. Can you imagine, she graduated from UI and can't spell? Puhleeeeeeeeeese.

I am glad you called her out on her blunder.

aloted said...

lol..at the lastest interviews u have been doing..pele o

i think oluwadee is in naija and shld be able to help...

but u know i am here for tips though..

Anonymous said...

LWKMD... good luck with the wedding plans

Tigeress said...

LWKMD at social worker! that was too hilarious.

so when is the wedding? I have this friend(friend's fried) whose wedding was phenominal!! It was a middle page of one magazine like this. Shoot me an email if u want details.

chayomao said...

A UI graduate that can't spell? Pluzz, who was she tryna fool?
Hopefully u get help with the wedding plans

Anonymous said...

lol..im so glad you called her out on it...see her claming UI..see her mouth like UI..ode..mschewww.

goodluck with your wedding plans oh.

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

send me an email: missbrownlegs@yahoo.com. u need a planner! does prices r ridiculous and can be negotiated.

Tyger said...

@lusciousron
thanks will do

@aloted
yeah i know you are na!

@tigeress
thanks.... this is what i like to hear... holla back... shoo

@chayoma and leggy
can you imagine? i wan slap am!
affiliate of UI ko, cousin of UI ni! oniyeye

@36inches
shooting you an email too!
thanks love

The Activist said...

Seriously? You had to endure all these?

Tyger said...

@standtall
absolutely yes!
imagine!

Writefreak said...

Lol at your job...o ga

Well you didn't mention my name so no help for you here!
Anyway sa, did you call the numbers i gave you? nonsense girl!