Thursday 3 December 2009

The Gown Hunt part 2

...So its 5pm and we arrive at Harrods... we roamed around a bit and then headed to the first floor bridal section.

"hello ladies, who's the bride?" a chirpy friendly lady asked.

I lost my tongue - "her" my friends replied pointing at me helpfully, I smiled gratefully staring around at a profusino of gowns.

They brought out the magazines and catalogues, I brought out my sheet of paper... I had a few ideas....

We looked through the magazines.... my friends had comments on every gown... I had none.

I kept imagining myself in each gown, standing at the altar and saying to my boo "Here I am baby, lets do it" I kept imagining all sorts.

We picked out 5 gowns for me to try and we headed to the changing room with my bridal consultant.

"Champagne anyone?" the consultant asked.

"Sure" two of us replied... we got bubblies...and the gown trying began....

see some pictures below....





I waited for these gowns to move me... one of my friends kept oohing and aahing over every gown, she wouldnt stop. I felt like slapping her, someone should have told me picking your gown is sacred, an alone moment... a no comment moment... its me and the gown.... i need to hear it whisper to me... "I'm your gown, your memory maker, lets do it babes!" But all the gowns were silent... totally silent...

I was made to walk around in them.... to stand in front of a mirror on a rotating stand... strangers had tears in their eyes ... one of them even said "she is so dry eyed! strong girl... not crying.... my friend over there is wailing" and truly a girl was wailing cos she felt so pretty in her gown... ah! wahala! native goat!

as for me .... i am busy waiting for my gown to speak to me and i aint buying until it does!

anyway... i took them all off... one after the other... we booked another appointment... but i know i'm not coming back here....
These gowns are not for me... not even the one that my friends and the bridal consultant insisted had a whao factor... it wasnt me...

The hunt continues!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...gown is sacred, an alone moment... ...to hear it whisper to me... "I'm ...your memory maker,..." this is simply apt. I love it.

ManCee said...

I'd buy the first for you..looks nice on you. Pity we couldnt see your face with it...that'd help the final analysis.
Forgive me, but I'm still one of those fellas that wonder about the plenty preps for weddings is all about (my bias is that 2/3 of the efforts be put into the marrige itself).
Of cos, I choose to assume that you have the marriage angle itself covered too.
Wishing you well ma'am. May more joy and happiness be yours.

aloted said...

i like the second one but since it didnt speak to u...oh well!!!

come n finish the gist oo

neuyogi said...

I loved the first one! It molded to you too. Too bad it didnt speak to you.

Tyger said...

@rethot
thanks

@mancee
trust me the marriage is more important and the wedding is just one day... but a one day that aint happening twice! lol

@aloted
will be back to finish the gist. that second gown get as e be

@MPB
No it didnt... but it was a sweet gown made of the softest fabric ever!