Sunday 27 December 2009

The Gown Hunt Part 4

Firstly... merry Christmas guys! hope you had a smashing time... Christmas for me was largely white and freezing cold... and full of turkey and apple crumble! okay that is not the gist of this post....

This post is in continuation of "The Gown Hunt Part 3" where i ran out of the bridal shop in California and later dreamt of an "ankara wedding gown"...see that post to get the gist

So two days before i left the US.... my friend woke up that morning and came at me with a list... she had spent the night looking for bridal shops... the really big ones... she said "Tyger we must try again" i shrugged and said "okay, lets go, but if we don't find anything its fine".... she replied indignantly that it was not!

so around 9am we set out again.... an hour's drive north of L.A.... to this massive bridal shop....

this time... the bridal consultant talked to me... for say 15 minutes... discussing the wedding and what was been planned... she was getting a feel of this Tyger girl..
then she said lets try a few gowns... and lets see how that goes...

the first gown i tried was by St Pucchi and had a 9000 dollar tag... even though i was screaming in my head... i still went ahead and tried the gown... for a 9000 dollar gown it was not alright at all... imagine a Christmas tree in white... and walking around... it was all bling and lace and damn heavy!

then i tried the second one... and then the third and then the the fourth... on the fourth one... i felt a tug inside me...heard a whisper... i ignored it... and continued... till i had tried six gowns in all...

then i picked two of the six and said i want to try these two again... the fourth one was one of the two... immediately my friend began to grin but wisely didn't say a thing! lol....

i tried this gown again... its diamond white.... not a single stone... not a single diamente... just diamond white.. with a tiny bow under the bust... then i heard it...

"hello princess, look at you! we are gonna knock him for six"

i grinned...

i had just met my gown! in all its splendour... and i felt absolutely gorgeous... its a princess design... flairs from the hips... its NOT a ball gown! thank gracious! neither is it a fitted "i'm 30 but i still got my figure damn it" gown

its a Pronovias gown from the 2010 collection... and light like a feather or souffle... and ethereal...

it cost an arm... a leg and my kidney (Baroque i told ya i could live on one kidney)...

my fiance couldnt say no when i called to let him know what i was about to do to his card.... he later said i sounded breathless... happy... he said fine get the gown!

i left that shop... high... happy as a lark...

My gown arrives in 6 months! from Barcelona Spain...

I wont be showing you pictures here loves... you will need to lobby for a wedding invite.... like the sharp Baroque has done...

Now i feel like a bride! and i'm totally ready to walk down that aisle now! imagine a gown having that kind of effect!

See you guys then!

23 comments:

NaijaScorpio said...

Awwwwww...... Congratulations sweetie.

neuyogi said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Celebrate oh yeah!!! Pop champagne..

miss.fab said...

I think this is my first time here. Aww congrats!!!

bArOquE said...

my major concern is not even your happiness, but the cost, bearing in mind the fact the in certain terms, COST is the opposite of BENEFIT...did you just swipe my guy of $9,000 & you your kidney??? I DON DIE

*whispers* unless of course, someone has hit a fucking jackpot, you must mail me asap

meanwhile, what is this you say about Baroque lobbying for invite, i am not lobbying, i am threatening. just try me first.LOL

Tyger said...

@sting
thanks!

@MPB
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

@missfab
thanks!

@baroque
no i didnt swipe your guy of $9000 it was less than that! and yes my kidney! i am kidneyless and happy

there is no need to threaten, you are already invited! seriously you are and you must come... by the way you must also buy "aso-ebi - uniform"

Ms.O said...

Awww yay!! Finally! Congrats!!

Neo said...

first time here, linked frm Blogsville gist.

congrats on meeting THE ONE (again)

PS: they whisper to me too, clothes, shoes, bags etc...

Shameless said...

Congrats!

Myne said...

Congrats on the gown! aHH, you must put pictures oo..

Tyger said...

@MRS O and Abena
thanks

@Neo
you are wild! that is a lot of whispering going on then!

@Myne
Nooooooooooooooooooo

LusciousRon said...

Finally! I want an invite too! Do I get one pweety please?

Hope you had a lovely xmas. Have a fabulous 2010!

The Activist said...

Nice! is your weeding this month? Happy new year to you.

Roc said...

Sounds like you pretty much found it in record time.. Even though it did involve clocking up the airmiles :)

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hi and Congratulations. I am also getting married this year in Ibadan. I have been away from Nigeria for a long minute and most people I know live in Lagos so getting recommendations for vendors in Ibadan has proved difficult/ impossible. I was doing a google search using keywords wedding+Ibadan and your blog came up. Would you be willing to share your list of vendors, their prices, how highly recommended they come etc. You will really be doing me a huge favor. If you are willing, please mail to ola15@yahoo.com
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Sorry, its lady getting married in Ibadan again, my email didn't type out right, its omoola15@yahoo.com
Thanks

Writefreak said...

Ah we thank God, she found a gown! A dupe lowo baba God o..

I can't wait to see this gown sa!

Writefreak said...

But wait o, i hope you're not running 'my friend' bankrupt!

Tyger said...

@luscious ron
yes you are invited! remind me in may to send you an invite... mwah!

@standtall
no my wedding is later in the year... bang in the middle of summer!

@rocnaija
yes i did! but it was worth it in the long run! i'm one satisfied bride...

@writefreak
lol...

you will have to ask your friend that one oh! as for me, i have a gown! simples! lol


@anonymous
i will definitely holla at you... i do have a long list of vendors compiled from friends who have gotten married in Ibadan, however i have not used them yet... although i have seen their works and most of them come highly recommended...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tyger,
I have been waiting with baited breath, not knowing when next you will be on your blog, I eagerly await the list of vendors; wedding is in less than months,yikes!!!
omoola15@yahoo.com

ManCee said...

There I was going 'Awww...awwww', then the fiance/card part.
Poor dude, little does he know tis just the beginning. lol
And dont gimme that gist about 'oh! its just for that one special happiest day of my life and it happens only once in a lifetime'. My point EXACTLY.
*chuckle* enjoy it though ... I sincerely wish you (plural) that.
ps: I remember a car sticker I saw once..'My wife and kids think I'm an ATM'. lol

doll (retired blogger) said...

aw...congrats...glad you found the gown..

Pls am lobbying for an invite o!

Shubby Doo said...

awwww...less than 6 months now!!!

Tyger said...

@Mancee

I think your wife and kids seeing you as ATM is better than them seeing you as a one pound store! lol.... thanks for the wishes

@dolls
okay remind me in May to mail you one

@shubby doo
its 120 something days away! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee