Saturday 30 May 2009

This and that

The economy must be picking up or God is super good to me.... or both!
Its true that when it rains it pours! i got 2 jobs in 2 months and somehow get to do both through some juggling and persuasion
3 days here and 2 days here - project manager and health and management consultant!
things can only get better - gbam!

House hunting
A studio flat?
A one bedroom apartment?
Flatshare?
Looking around!

Like a sickly baby, my business is hiccuping
I have little time, since i have decided to work two big jobs... thief like me
now it is faltering
all spare time and weekends are spent checking out clothing factories and having meetings with pattern graders, business advisers and agents!
I am tired! and worried! and conscious that the spring fashion season is around the corner! august! oh gosh whats a girl gonna do?


The lines have fallen upon me in pleasant places...
love has decided not to beat me up in dark alleys
but to hold me, cocoon me, caress and reassure me...
Still I am a bit petrified! .... here goes my freedom.... or maybe not?
H.Samuel, Weaverbrook and all the other jewelry stores have taken on a new fascination... i stare at rings!

My dad says to me - great things come in small packages - I believe him, but my colleagues stare at me and i have heard say - is that the new lady? Isnt she rather small and young? pshew
getover your selves and leave me to do my job!

I have suddenly picked up a culture of not finishing things... of lacking motivation...

there is a list on my wall and it goes undone...words like driving tests, prince 2 exams, pattern creation, manuscript summary fly in my face... unfinished.... unattended to *sigh*
whats a girl to do?

18 comments:

Modupe said...

Lines have fallen in pleasant places huh..Gba bee...u havent even started yet..The best is yet to come jare..
Hmmm...house hunting?atleast i will have somewhere to stay for my next vacation...something tells me u will be married by then sef..:)..never mind about hiccups...all good buisnesses must have their share...As for the list...one at a time mami...and theres never harm in stalling...all in good time is what i hear them whisper in my head now..
Take care amie...talk soon

Mojisola said...

Two jobs in two months? Pray tell, who is your dibia? Sounds stress full to be juggling two jobs and a business but its all good sha, as long as u don't give up blogging no prob :)

Is it blogger dude? :) (bigger smile than the first)

chayomao said...

gurl, you cld get me a gift. there are these Jimmy Choo shoes i am eyeing.....giving warms the heart!

Anonymous said...

lol...congrats oh..first time here.nice blog...hope ur blessings touched me a lil.lol

Danny Bagucci said...

Guess we can put it down to God being especially good to you..Cos two jobs is way unusual....

Roc said...

In the words of Young Jeezy.. "Ain't no recession.. It's a blessing"

G'luck with the house hunting.. Whatever you decide to settle for..

And as per all the other left-undone stuff.. Stay on your grind..

Slowly but surely..

Tairebabs said...

congratulation!! two jobs in this economy is not easy by any standards. lol @ Mojisola's comment "who is your dibia?"

Tyger said...

@modupe
amen and thanks... yes you will have a place to stay...
i mustnt take my time too much! nevertheless thanks for the beautiful words...

@Moji
My dibia is Jehovah! the two jobs wouldnt have been too stressful since i'd be working just 5 days a week but coupled with the business! i have no idea how i'm going to run things! but i will somehow... and i think it might even mean more blogging cos i have to let it all out somewhere dont i?

@chayoma
you wish!

@leggy
thanks and amen

@danny
it could only be God... not just getting two jobs but getting two jobs that synchronise perfectly... yes it is God!

@rocnaija
will do! slowly and surely sounds perfect

@tairababes
like i said before na God oh! it shocked me so much that i didnt tell a soul (except boyfy of course) for ages.... i just kept thinking about it and muttering ... i got the job, i got the job..lol

Anonymous said...

Good Good..as per your list slowly grind through it and check each one off when completed. A list is supposed to help you prioritize and focus and thats what it should be...not a hound. Gluck with eerrthing..sorry i wasnt at my desk earlier.

Tyger said...

@anonymous

thanks and its okay, will catch you again soon

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ahn ahn, you alone, 2 jobs? My sista, get yo money!!!!! loL!

Best of luck!

aloted said...

congrats girl..

meanwhile prince2 again??? u no easy o

LusciousRon said...

Congrats on the job! Just take it easy. Prioritize so you don't go over your head. Small steps go a long way without stressing you out.

Take care.

Tyger said...

@solomon
yeahhhhh

@aloted
abi! we must keep moving

@luscious

thanks for the tip! you make sense

Afrobabe said...

Hey babes, its been forever and a day since we last chatted abi than chat..lol..
Good to see things are falling into place, it is just the beginning, the biz will fall in as well...

bArOquE said...

see eh, if you bite more than you can chew, you will choke...& it seems like thats about to happen. be very careful...about the lack of motivation thing, i think i know what you mean, carefully go over the whys & hows of these things & set yourself in motion..nothing do you, you'll excel...kisses

Tyger said...

@afrobabe
yeah, we suppose yarn!


@baroque
this your gist i no get am abeg!
make we talk off camera?

bArOquE said...

off camera, if & only if you're willing to go all out...! i am...enough of those eyes peering from your blog page